Sunday, August 29, 2010

preschool days

My oldest is getting ready to start preschool tomorrow morning. I am so excited for him and still a bit sad that this milestone is already upon us. Only one more year and he'll spend a majority of his childhood in a classroom. But no need to think about that tonight. Tonight I am excited for him! He is ready for school and I know that he will do well!

Today we had a back to school session, just the two of us, at the cutest little schoolhouse where I attended preschool when I was 4 years old. I had visions of getting pictures of {N} sitting on the same steps that I sat on for my class picture 30 some odd years ago. And although a lot has changed over the years (for example, the steps are not exactly the same and the playground seems much smaller) the little schoolhouse still looks just as I remember it. It was where I remember singing "He's got the Whole World in His Hands" and "If You're Happy and You Know it". Where I helped ring the old fashioned school bell, won a goldfish at the school carnival, and dressed up as a tooth fairy for the Halloween parade. Where I LOVED playing in the real, full size, non-operational, gutted out car that was on the playground and learned to swing all by myself!

I have fond memories of preschool and as my little man begins his own new adventure tomorrow I hope he is blessed with precious memories too!

All grown up:

IMG_4342

IMG_4236

SO excited!

IMG_4225

IMG_4301

IMG_4290

He will definitely NOT be the class clown...

IMG_4249

He is ALWAYS well behaved!

IMG_4410

And snacktime is sure to be his favorite part of the day!

IMG_4472

IMG_4445

The cutest little schoolhouse:

IMG_4573

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness he looks so much like you - especially in his excited shot! These are fantastic and what a great tribute to your old preschool. I'll admit I'm pretty envious that your boy is so cooperative for photo sessions - I wouldn't even dream of having a full "session" with my boy, I'm just hoping for ONE good shot on our porch before we drive away for his first day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG are you serious?!?!?!? These are spectacular. Awesome subject = D Love the one with the Hat and the one with the apple, that one made me giggle!!! Marvina

    ReplyDelete